The Institute of Economics carries out research and training activities in the field of empirical and theoretical economics. Our main lines of research include:
- The theory and empirics of firm-industry dynamics, with specific focus on firm growth, productivity, export, innovative active and external financing
- The economics of innovation and technical change (sources, institutions and consequences)
- Micro and macro agent-based models, with particular attention to both the real side of the economy and the banking/financial sectors
- Empirical and theoretical analysis of micro and macroeconomic networks, especially in finance, trade, foreign direct investment, migration and mobility
- Individual, organizational and collective decisions beyond the rational choice paradigm
- Evolutionary foundations of macro-economics
- Evolutionary finance
- Economic history of technology and technical change
- Industrial and technological policies in industrialized and developing countries
- Applied statistics and econometrics
- Political, social and economic consequences of climate change
We welcome and favour dialogue between empirical investigations, theoretical developments and normative contributions - concerning both corporate management and public policies - offering an interdisciplinary environment in which different research interests and competencies, ranging from Economics, to Information Sciences, Mathematics and Physics meet and can be fruitfully integrated.
Our researchers are well nested in an international network, also through the participation to various national and international research projects.
Historically, most of the research activities have been undertaken within the LEM - Laboratory of Economics and Management. Now all research and training activities have been taken over by the Institute, but LEM still keeps its brandname on a prestigious Working Paper Series.
The 14th ENEF meeting will be held in Pisa at the Institute of Economics, Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies on September 14-15, 2017.
The 2017 edition of the ‘School on Mathematics for Economic and Social Science’ will focus on ‘Data Mining and Machine Learning for Business and Organizations’
Nasce a Pisa il corso di dottorato (Ph.D) in “Data Science” per formare gli scienziati e i professionisti che si occuperanno di questa innovativa disciplina, con promettenti interessi scientifici e interessanti prospettive in termini occupazionali
PhD workshop 2017
The Institute of Economics will hold the Phd Workshop on September 25-26, 2017.
In this occasion the IDPE (International Doctoral Program in Economics) Phd students from the second year onward will have the opportunity to present the progress of their research.
Convegno: Una nuova rivoluzione industriale? Le trasformazioni nell'occupazione e nelle pratiche organizzative
, Polo Didattico G. Carmignani
da 29.09.2017 16:30 a 30.09.2017 16:30